State of the Art Training
This event is geared toward churches, but Strategos has training for many venues in addition to S.A.F.E. Kids courses. They offer tactical training for businesses, schools, hospitals, and churches. Strategos has equipped over 125,000 people (and counting) since 2002.
Church Security Planning and Intruder Response Training Osawatomie, KS – August 3-4, 2018
Times: Friday – 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Saturday – 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Many churches have taken comfort in thought that "it could never happen here." But headlines and a steadily-growing body of statistical evidence demonstrate that violence in faith-based organizations is not an if, but a when.
The Church Security Planning and Intruder Awareness training will equip your staff and key volunteers to create a personalized security plan that protects your congregation while maintaining a welcoming environment. You can choose from a 1- or 2-day option, but both days are recommended and the subjects interrelate.
Day 1 Overview:
Church Security Planning
At the end of the day, you'll be thoroughly equipped to begin (or re-launch or improve) your church security ministry. Each participant will leave with a comprehensive, practical 75-page workbook.
• Intruder response
• Medical response
• Armed vs. unarmed security
• The role of ushers and greeters
• Nursery security
• Volunteer selection
• Protecting the pastor
• Offering collection, protection, and transport
• How to put together a written safety & security plan
• Increasing safety and security while maintaining atmosphere of COMFORT, REFUGE, WORSHIP and LEARNING
• Liability Consideration
• Insurance Consultation & Considerations
• Communication Considerations
Who should attend?
Pastor, church staff, administrators and facility managers, children and student ministry directors, security team members, deacons. Recommended: Bring note-taking materials.
Day 2 Overview:
Intruder Awareness/Response and Conflict Management
Equip and empower your frontline team (security volunteers, ushers, greeters) to spot and stop trouble before it starts. This training helps team members identify suspicious behavior and act peacefully and proactively with the goal of de-escalating potential conflicts.
• Creating a culture of awareness
• Recognizing & Responding to Suspicious Behavior
• Verbal conflict management & de-escalation
• "Lockdown & Lockdown Failure" protocols
• Approaching suspicious or armed individuals
• The role of ushers, greeters and other frontline team members
• Art of handshake and what can be learned from a handshake
Who should attend?
Ushers, greeters, church leaders, security volunteers, deacons and other staff and volunteers in frequent contact with congregation and visitors.
Recommended: Bring note-taking materials.
Location: First Baptist Church
801 Brown Ave, Osawatomie, KS
Local Contact: Nick Hampson
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 913-755-3483
COST: $159 per person for BOTH days or $99 for either one day
Register Online at www.strategosregistration.com or call 888-569-5444
www.strategosintl.com | www.intruderresponse.com | www.protecting-others.com
www.strategos-u.com | www.keepthemsafeus.com
12911 S. 71 Hwy. Grandview, MO 64030